Welcome to the Official Website of the Chappepeela District of the Boy Scouts of America
Chappepeela is part of the foremost youth-serving organization in our community providing educational programs that build character, teach participatory citizenship, and develop personal fitness. Operating within the Istrouma Area Council, Boy Scouts of America, the Chappepeela District serves the youth and families of St. Helena, Tangipahoa, and eastern Livingston parish of Southeast Louisiana.
Cub Scouts (boys ages 6 to 10), Boy Scouts (boys ages 11 to 18), Varsity Scouts, (boys ages 14 to 18), and Venturers (boys and girls ages 14 through 21) participate in action-oriented outdoor programs that fulfill the aims of Scouting. Exploring (boys and girls ages 14 through 21) provides practical experieneces in a career field leading to avenues of career training and education.
Scouting offers a time-tested set of activities and principles that have produced fine citizens, dedicated family members, and strong community leaders for over 100 years. Chappepeela currently serves over 750 youth and is supported through 28 units led by over 250 trained adult volunteers.
In Chappepeela, we keep the "outing" in Scouting!
Thursday, December 1, 2011
- District Committee Meeting / 6:10pm - 6:50pm
- District Roundtable Meeting & Christmas Party / 7:05pm - 8:30pm
Friday, December 2, 2011
- Product Sales monies due to the Council Scout Office
December 27 - 31, 2011
- Boy Scout Winter Camp at Camp Avondale, Clinton, LA
- The Roundtable Meeting for January has been moved to January 12, 2012
- As the Holiday Season is upon us, we find ourselves reflecting on the past year and on those who have helped to shape our lives in a most significant way. We wish you a very happy Christmas Holiday Season and a New Year filled with peace and prosperity.